Let's Talk lift & Volume
Sooner or later everyone has to deal with volume loss in the face. The skin becomes thinner, the curves of the cheeks disappear, the face often narrows and the jawline becomes less tight. Also, shadows form in certain areas of the face (such as under the eyes or under the cheekbones) and that can give a tired, listless look.
Volume loss mainly occurs because the subcutaneous fat tissue decreases, the quality of the collagen fibers decreases and the bone structure in the face changes.
The danger of creating a 'new' volume is that it looks unnatural. That is why it is important that the right product is placed in the right places and at the right depth. Our doctors are experts in this field. They examine your face closely and listen to your wishes. Based on that, they introduce different types of fillers in strategic places, achieving very beautiful and natural-looking results.
Our doctors use different types of fillers, PDO threads and Radiofrequency micro needling to restore volume and contour of the face. The choice for a certain filler depends, among other things, on the place where more volume has to be created, the age and the shape of the face.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers can be thin or thick in composition. The thin kind is suitable for filling fine wrinkles, while the thicker hyaluronic acid is used to give more volume to a larger area. The deeper this filler is injected, the better and the longer the result. Hyaluronic acid also ensures that the skin retains moisture better.
Fillers are injected with thin needles or through a cannula that is inserted into the skin. That choice depends on the area to be treated, the type of filler and the properties of the skin. If necessary, an anesthetic cream is first applied or an anesthetic injection is given. However, anesthetic is usually not necessary because the needles and cannulas that are used are very thin.
- With Radiesse™ injectables, the skin immediately gets visibly more volume. In addition, this filler contains calcium microspheres that stimulate natural collagen production. As a result, the skin naturally becomes firmer, fuller and more elastic over time.
In order to restore the volume of the skin, different types of fillers are inserted in strategic places during a liquid facelift. Thanks to the increased volume, the skin becomes tighter and smoother. With a liquid facelift, a larger area – such as the cheeks – can be lifted.
- To give volume to an even larger area or to fill in very deep lines on the face, there is the biostimulators treatment such as Sculptra. Sculptra is an injectable used to fight wrinkles and sagging skin by stimulating the skin’s collagen production to help restore the cheeky plumpness of healthy skin. It is an alternative anti-aging treatment to injectable dermal fillers, skin creams, fat injections and implants. The result is longer-lasting than, for example, a filler treatment with hyaluronic acid.
- PDO thread lift is a non-invasive way to lift and tighten skin. It’s an alternative to a traditional facelift and restores a more youthful appearance without surgery, incisions, or lengthy downtime. At Novo Aesthetics, our thread lifts use MINT PDO absorbable suture threads. During the procedure, our anti-aging experts insert the threads under the skin to instantly and effectively lift the skin to counteract laxity and provide facial contouring. The threads reposition the skin’s underlying tissues, instantly revealing a tighter, more youthful appearance. In addition, the process stimulates the body’s natural healing response, sending collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid to the treatment areas and further rejuvenating the skin.
- RF microneedling. RF microneedling is an innovative aesthetic treatment that aims to reduce signs of aging and improve skin contour of the face.The procedure combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy. The electromagnetic waves that are sent into the skin during an Radiofrequency treatment heat the deeper layers of the skin and thus stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin fibres. The skin is lifted without the use of a hypodermic needle or surgical knife. Radiofrequency gives an optimal end result after 3 to 4 months: the skin is visibly firmer and has fewer wrinkles.